Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- The Arizona Game and Fish Commission has proposed a rule that would ban wildlife killing contest in the state.
- Photographer Ben Simon Rehn traveled to Madagascar to capture these stunning portraits of reptiles and amphibians.
- The Intergovernmental Panel for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services has released a global assessment that highlights the unprecedented rate of species extinctions and calls on policy makers to enact changes designed to reverse the trend. The BBC also has a great article on why this report is so important.
- It took videographer Wenting Zhu seven months to create this mesmerizing time lapse salt crystallization.
- A new photo series by photographer Yoko Ishii documents the lives of urban deer in Nara, Japan.
- New technology is helping scientists better understand animal behavior in the wild, which can help improve conservation efforts.
- Artist Laura Hart celebrates the beauty of rare and endangered butterflies in her life-like glass sculptures.