Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- A library in Colorado closed temporarily to let a resident moose take a nap by the front door.
- Photographer Kevin Krautgartner gives us a bird’s eye view of some stunning landscapes.
- The newest members of the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services are four beagles rescued from animal shelters.
- If you’re as fascinated by fungi as we are, you will love these photographs by Alison Pollack.
- These flipbooks by Juan Fontanive celebrate the beauty of hummingbirds.
- NPR’s popular podcast, Fresh Air, recently released an episode about the emotional lives of primates. (If you like podcasts, be sure to check out our own Earthfire Radio, available on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, Spotify, and Soundcloud!)
- Also from Fresh Air, a new documentary called The Human Element chronicles the effects of climate change.
- The Post Carbon Institute is hosting a webinar to address the question of what we can actually do to help curb the climate crisis. Join the discussion on April 3.
- More than 160 organizations are banding together to defund banks that invest in fossil fuels. You can join the fight by hosting or participating in a protest on April 10th.