Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- A recent study has shown that switching to an organic diet really does result in a significant drop in pesticide residues in our bodies.
- School children in the UK have gone on strike to campaign for taking action on climate change. This protest is part of a global campaign led primarily by teenagers.
- The Atlantic published this thought-provoking piece on the intelligence and emotions of animals.
- Our friend Kamran wrote a beautiful post about life’s greatest gift: love.
- Many don’t believe that animals have emotions, but the marital strife between these Galapagos tortoises who broke up after 90 years would say otherwise. And in case you’re wondering if tortoises can even show affection, reptile biologist Matt Evans has the answer.
- You know banning plastics has gone mainstream if it was featured in the Sunday Styles section of New York Times magazine. It reached a tipping point.
- A company called Precious Plastic wants to help you set up and run your own recycling company.
- This woman in Australia hopes to change public perception of magpies by documenting her incredible relationship with the birds in her neighborhood.
- France has announced that it will allow its population of wolves to increase by almost 40%.
- A kindhearted team of firefighters in Germany freed a rat who got stuck in a manhole cover.