Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- Almond milk may look like a good alternative to cow’s milk, but it comes at a high cost to our already struggling bee populations.
- Climate activists are adopting a new strategy in the fight against oil, gas, and coal projects: encouraging Wall Street investors themselves to divest from fossil fuel.
- Scotland is on track to reach 100% renewable energy this year!
- A recent study found that cows have unique vocal patterns and communicate their emotions to other cows.
- Another study has shown that African Gray parrots aren’t just nice to each other to ensure species survival, but because they genuinely want to make each other happy.
- It may be February, but it’s not too late to start some new resolutions. You might consider joining Project Drawdown and making changes in your life that can help reverse global warming.
- Recycling alone won’t get us out of the plastic mess we’ve created, but changing our disposable eating habits can.
- One Iowa farmer is using the Democratic campaign trail to push for environmentally friendly agricultural policies at the federal level.
- Counter Point is leading a campaign to prevent the deaths of 72 grizzly bears in the name of cattle production, and they’re asking for support.
- If, after reading Susan’s epiphany about pens and paper towels, you’re interested in a more eco-friendly pen, here are some options for you.