Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- A new study has shown that punishment-based training may be making dogs depressed. Reward-based training, on the other hand, showed no increase in cortizol, the stress hormone.
- And here’s some incredible evidence in support of both reward-based training and animal intelligence: a speech-language pathologist has given her dog a literal voice by teaching her how to use a soundboard to communicate with her human family.
- Lawmakers are responding to increasing demands for the protection of animal rights. Please note: While we strive to only post positive, uplifting, and encouraging stories on the Earthfire Seed Swap, this post does contain some descriptions that are difficult to read. The story is a hopeful one, though, and the changing landscape for animal rights is truly inspiring.
- One animal rights activist is working to help poultry farmers transition to flower production.
- The world’s smallest unglate, the Silver-Backed Chevrotain, has been photographed in the wild for the first time.
- These incredible photographs by Helene Schmitz capture the dynamic beauty of plants.
- Singer-songwriter and activist Holly Near uses her craft to inspire change with her song, “The Souls are Coming Back.”
What stories have inspired you this week?
Share them in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Read past Seed Swap posts here.