Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- A new study has shown that punishment-based training may be making dogs depressed. Reward-based training, on the other hand, showed no increase in cortizol, the stress hormone.
- And here’s some incredible evidence in support of both reward-based training and animal intelligence: a speech-language pathologist has given her dog a literal voice by teaching her how to use a soundboard to communicate with her human family.
- Lawmakers are responding to increasing demands for the protection of animal rights. Please note: While we strive to only post positive, uplifting, and encouraging stories on the Earthfire Seed Swap, this post does contain some descriptions that are difficult to read. The story is a hopeful one, though, and the changing landscape for animal rights is truly inspiring.
- One animal rights activist is working to help poultry farmers transition to flower production.
- The world’s smallest unglate, the Silver-Backed Chevrotain, has been photographed in the wild for the first time.
- These incredible photographs by Helene Schmitz capture the dynamic beauty of plants.
- Singer-songwriter and activist Holly Near uses her craft to inspire change with her song, “The Souls are Coming Back.”