Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- Keepers of the Waters have some tips for how to protect the interconnectedness of water in our communities.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom recently signed a bill allowing municipalities to open banks for investing in local communities.
- Slime molds are getting some unique attention at a zoo in Paris.
- Macy’s and Bloomingdales have announced that they will stop selling fur by next September.
- Thanks to new legislation, certain types of animal cruelty are now a federal felony.
- These microscopic photos of plants and animals are mesmerizing.
- The Behavioral Insights Team and the Center for Behavior and the Environment have created a toolkit for addressing cognitive biases, emotions, social networks, and decision-making environments when working for positive change for the planet.
- Sir David Attenborough says “We cannot be radical enough” in dealing with climate change.