Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- Keepers of the Waters have some tips for how to protect the interconnectedness of water in our communities.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom recently signed a bill allowing municipalities to open banks for investing in local communities.
- Slime molds are getting some unique attention at a zoo in Paris.
- Macy’s and Bloomingdales have announced that they will stop selling fur by next September.
- Thanks to new legislation, certain types of animal cruelty are now a federal felony.
- These microscopic photos of plants and animals are mesmerizing.
- The Behavioral Insights Team and the Center for Behavior and the Environment have created a toolkit for addressing cognitive biases, emotions, social networks, and decision-making environments when working for positive change for the planet.
- Sir David Attenborough says “We cannot be radical enough” in dealing with climate change.
What stories have inspired you this week?
Share them in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Read past Seed Swap posts here.