Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- Part of treating wildlife with the respect they deserve includes making sure we follow proper safety procedures when we venture into their territory.
- A leaked report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warned that “it will be impossible to keep global temperatures at safe levels unless there is also a transformation in the way the world produces food and manages land.”
- With recycling facing greater challenges, a variety of innovations are being developed to deal with plastic waste.
- If approved, a proposal for North America’s largest copper and gold mine would put important salmon habitats at serious risk. Now is the time to tell Congress to stop Pebble Mine for good.
- Mark Pearson of the San Juan Citizens Alliance on why pushing for federal support of wildlife corridors is so important.
- Want more nutritious vegetables? Start with making your soil safer for microorganisms.
What stories have inspired you this week?
Share them in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Read past Seed Swap posts here.