Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- Part of treating wildlife with the respect they deserve includes making sure we follow proper safety procedures when we venture into their territory.
- A leaked report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warned that “it will be impossible to keep global temperatures at safe levels unless there is also a transformation in the way the world produces food and manages land.”
- With recycling facing greater challenges, a variety of innovations are being developed to deal with plastic waste.
- If approved, a proposal for North America’s largest copper and gold mine would put important salmon habitats at serious risk. Now is the time to tell Congress to stop Pebble Mine for good.
- Mark Pearson of the San Juan Citizens Alliance on why pushing for federal support of wildlife corridors is so important.
- Want more nutritious vegetables? Start with making your soil safer for microorganisms.