Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- Author Mark Rowlands has released a new book that investigates whether animals fit the definition of personhood—and how that should affect the way we treat them.
- A young arctic fox has astounded scientists by completing a journey of 3,506 km (2,176 miles) in only 76 days. They’re not even entirely sure why she did it.
- One important way to make the food industry more sustainable is to “free the seed” from patents and other legal restrictions.
- In a series of work that is both an homage to the masters of Baroque and Impressionist art and a chilling reflection of our excessive use of plastics, studio QUATRE CAPS has reimagined classic still life paintings with fruit wrapped in commercial packaging.
- Photographer Steve Biro caught this incredible photo of a Bald Eagle at the Canadian Raptor Conservancy.
- A recent study links organic food production with increased bird populations.