Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- The EAT-Lancet commission has released a report on feeding the world’s growing population within planetary boundaries.
- Humans lived nearly 200,000 years without money, but no human has ever lived without soil. Our economic calculations ignores the soil, the foundation of Life, but David Korten, founder of YES! Magazine, argues that this is a mistake..
- If you need proof of the resilience of life, look no further than the incredible story of this family who found their pet tortoise in a spare room after she’d been missing for 30 years.
- Next time you think about relocating that spider from your bathroom to the great outdoors, you might want to think twice.
- In an effort to raise awareness of the detrimental effects of fast fashion, this middle school teacher wore the same dress for 100 days.
- Interesting new research shows that wild chimpanzees eat tortoises after cracking them open on tree trunks.
- You can watch Remedy, a 9-part documentary on natural healing, for free starting next Tuesday, June 4.
What stories have inspired you this week?
Share them in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Read past Seed Swap posts here.