Germinate, Take Root, and Unfurl into the Light
Seeds are tiny, magical packets of latent energy and potential, ready to burst forth when conditions are right. They contain the very essence of Life itself: ancient wisdoms and future hopes, exquisitely designed to adapt and evolve as needs arise.
Part of Earthfire’s mission is to be a seed center. Here we gather selections of what we would like to see to germinate, take root, and unfurl into the light; stories that educate, inspire, inform and embrace hope and action. We invite you to partake, swap and share them. May they all bear fruit.
- This IKEA in Italy is giving homeless dogs food and shelter.
- Wyoming billionaire Hansjörg Wyss has pledged to protect 30% of the planet in the next decade.
- These aerial photographs reveal the breathtaking beauty of meandering rivers.
- The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation has identified ways we can reduce GHG emissions by changing our consumption habits.
- Slate also reports that reducing our carbon footprint also starts at home.
- Our friend Kamran Mofid explains why the world needs a new economic model.
- Scientists have discovered that bees can count.
- Nature is remarkably beautiful—and it’s making scientists question what we know about evolution.
- This inspiring young woman is taking an unconventional approach to protesting her country’s inaction on climate change. She also offered this stirring address to the UN:
What stories have inspired you this week?
Read other Seed Swap posts here.