Office position open for an organized, detail-oriented multitasker able to work in a nontraditional setting and handle a wide-range of duties related to basic business administration, animal sanctuary functions, and ranch management assistance. An important position giving essential support to a passionate team dedicated to helping wildlife.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Answers phone calls, emails, and texts, schedules meetings, and assists visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Coordinates projects by scheduling and assigning administrative tasks and expediting work results.
- Makes travel arrangements for senior staff..
- Supports the team by performing varied tasks related to general organizational needs.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment.
- Maintains supplies inventory.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preferred: Willingness to learn basic animal care to support Animal Caretaker staff if needed.
Work Hours & Benefits
20-24 hours per week / $20 hourly wage
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday
- Prefer long-term commitment
- Opportunity for growth
- Paid time off depending on hours worked
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Google Drive & Microsoft Office Familiarity
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Sense of humor
- Photography and/or video skills an asset
- Computer research skills
- Can-do attitude
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- 3 years of administrative assistant experience
- Knowledge of software including: Google Docs/Slides/Sheets, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation